How often should I visit the dentist?
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends visits to the dentist twice a year or once every six months for a professional exam and cleaning. Your dentist may recommend more frequent visits depending on the status of your oral health.
How can I keep my teeth healthy?
Healthy eating habits lead to healthy teeth. A well-balanced diet from the five major food groups always helps to promote healthy teeth.
What are some tips for good oral hygiene?
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Clean between teeth daily with floss. Decay and food particles can still linger between the teeth where toothbrush bristles can’t reach.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit snacking in between meals.
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams.
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months or sooner if the bristles become frayed.